Charitable Donations & Fundraising
On Monday 12th July we held a non uniform day in support of Lasting memories Cancer Trust. We managed to raise £213 to go towards this local charity. For more information on how you can help outside of school please read below-
A bit about the charity and ways to support them outside of school-
We know that a cancer diagnosis is the toughest challenge most families will ever face. It creates new worries, new routines, new expenses and limits the opportunities to spend quality time with loved ones. To make life just that little bit easier, Lasting Memories provide respite and financial support to individuals, and their families, currently affected by cancer. We do this by funding memorable days out, short trips away and providing benevolent grants. Our aim is to make a difference to the well-being of people going through tough times and provide services that give them the opportunity to restore emotional balance and create lasting memories with their family and friends.
There are many other ways the school community could help too. If our cause is close to your heart, you may want to fundraise on our behalf. If so, here’s a few ideas…
● Run a coffee morning and cake sale, either at work with colleagues or at home with friends and family.
● Ask for donations instead of birthday/Christmas presents. You could set up a small fundraiser using Facebook or Just Giving)
● Host your own Quiz or Race night
● Take on a sponsored challenge, such as a swim, run, bike or something even more adventurous! Possibilities are endless!
● Use Easy Fundraising when shopping online and they will donate a small percentage of each purchase to use.
Sign up at; https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
● Take part in one of our events and ask for donations.
See our events list here: https://lmcancertrust.co.uk/events/
If you would like more information or support with your fundraising, please visit: https://lmcancertrust.co.uk/support-us/
Kind regards, The Lasting Memories Team
Red Nose Day- March 2021
'Wear Something Red' for Red Nose Day raised £296.97
If you have any ideas for us to raise money for Charity, please let us know!