Letchmore Infants' School was built in 1908, consisting originally of only the six classrooms that overlooked the road. For many years following its opening as Letchmore Road Boys Elementary School on 31st January 1910, it served the then town of Stevenage as a boys' school, becoming a Mixed Infants' School in 1950 following the development of Stevenage as a New Town. The original building was extended in 1969 to provide the assembly hall and administration offices, and the purpose-built nursery unit was completed in August 1976.
The last headmaster of the elementary school for boys was Mr W H Roach.
The school celebrated its 100 year centenary in 2010 and has continued to grow and expand ever since to cater for the local communities children and is at present a 3 form intake from Nursery through to Year 2.